Agricultural Buildings - Jones Township

Go to content

Main menu:

Agricultural Buildings

Building Code Dept. > UCC/Permit Instructions
Agricultural Buildings

Certain agricultural buildings (barns) are specifically excluded from the permit requirements of the Pa. Uniform Construction Code.

Under the Code, an agricultural building is defined as a structure used to store farm equipment, hay, seed, grain, or other agricultural or horticultural products.  Or, any building used to house poultry, livestock, horses, or other farm animals.

This form is required to be submitted to the municipality prior to the construction of any agricultural building.  There is no fee to submit this form.

! It is important to note that buildings containing areas that agricultural products are processed, packaged, or treated are NOT exempt from the Code.  

! Also any space that us used to conduct business, such as an office, or places of occupancy that could be open to the general public must be permitted and meet all Code requirements.

Persons proposing to construct a permit-exempt agricultural building (or barn) must complete an "Exemption Form"  and file the completed form with Jones Township. There is no fee for filing this form, however the form must be notarized.

Even though these agricultural buildings, recreational cabins, small sheds and garages are exempt from the UCC, they may still require a zoning permit.  Zoning permits typically regulate where a certain type of building may be built, a zoning law governs how the land is used.  A building permit on the other hand regulates how the building is actually constructed or built.  .  

The above form must be completed prior to construction and returned to:

Jones Township

PO Box  25

Wilcox, PA 15870

Copyright 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to content | Back to main menu