Electrical Service Inspections


The Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code does not require a Building Permit for the ordinary repair or upgrading of residential electrical service equipment. (However a permit is required for all non-residential work).

The electric utility company will require that a state certified Electrical Inspector inspect the work prior to re-energizing the service.  Jones Township provides this service in all municipalities in our service area.

All persons considering work on an existing electrical service should first contact their power supplier and make arrangements to disconnect the power supply.  Both West Penn Power & Penelec will provide you with a work request or DR number.  The co-op’s typically do not. Each power company has certain requirements that must be followed. It is very important to contact them prior the the start of any work.  Click on your power provider below to learn more.

When a date is set with the power company, please call and schedule an inspection.  Phone number: 814-929-5138 or (814) 594-6194 

All electrical work must comply with both the power company regulations as well as the 2017 National Electrical Code.  If you have never installed or performed work to an electrical service, we would suggest that you contact our office and ask questions or arrange for a site meeting to prevent any problems from arising.

United Ellectric: http://www.unitedpa.com/Electrical_Services.php

Tri- County Rural Electric Rules