All of the above forms and documentation must be submitted to:
Mr. Russ Braun, Building Official
P.O. BOX 25
WILCOX, PA 15870
Phone: 814-929-5138 or (814) 594-6194
Before You Apply
We suggest that you sit down with your contractor or architect and discuss just exactly what your building plans are. You or your contractor or architect must prepare a set of plans or drawings indicating exactly what you are planning to build. It is very important that these plans contain all the required details when submitting them to Jones Township for review. Incomplete plans can add weeks or even months to getting your Permit Application approved.
Hamilton Township requires a valid Sewage and a Pa. Uniform Construction Code (UCC) Building Permit prior to the installation or construction of any dwelling, including mobile homes, or other structures utilized as a recreational cabins. In some instances, a State Highway Occupancy Permit must also be obtained from PennDOT prior to constructing a new driveway entrance to a state maintained road.
Flood Plain Requirements:
• Determine if your proposed project is in a flood area (See FEMA FIRM Map). You may also call and have staff check the maps for the property in question.
• If your proposed project is in a flood area, is the development allowed?
• If development is allowed, you will need a certificate of elevation • If development is allowed. you may need engineering studies
• If development is allowed, it will need reviewed and approved by the Conservation District and County Planning.
Questions may be directed to:
• McKean County Conservation District; 17137 Route 6; Smethport, PA 16749 • Phone: (814) 887-4001
• McKean County Planning Commission: 17137 Route 6: Smethport, PA 16749 • Phone: (814) 887-2754
Environmental, Erosion & Sedimentation & Storm Water Management Requirements:
• Determine how much impervious surface will be created by your project.
If over 5.000 square feet, you will need to supply a Storm Water Management Plan.
• If your project will disrupt more than I acre of land submit an Erosion and Sedimentation Plan to the County Conservation District for approval.
Questions may be directed to:
• McKean County Conservation District; 17137 Route 6; Smethport, PA 16749 Phone: (814) 887-4001
County Land Use / Subdivision:
Are you proposing a business or residential development in an unoccupied parcel?
• If yes, submit plans to County Planning Commission for approval. Letters of approval and use will be required from the PA. American Water indicating their wiliness to serve the proposed development (both sewer & water)
Are you proposing to subdivide your property?
• If yes, contact the Sewage Enforcement Officer , the municipality and submit plans to both the Municipality and County Planning Commission (and sometimes to PA-DEP) for approval
• Questions may be directed to:
McKean County Planning Commission; 17137 Route 6; Smethport, PA 16749 Phone: (814) 887-2754
IMPORTANT NOTE: Building sites for new or replacement dwellings to be served by an existing individual onlot sewage disposal (septic) systems, icluding privies and holding tanks, must be tested, field verified and approved by the municipal Sewage Enforcement Officer PRIOR to making an application for a Building Permit.
Municipal Contact Information:
Sewage Enforcement Officer: Mr. Todd Fantaskey, Phone: 814-723-3775
Mailing Address: 235 Follett Run Road
Warren, PA 16365
Township Business Office: 2 Curtis Drive, PO Box 23, Ludlow, PA 16333
Township Secretary: Becky Davidson
All codes, permit applications, and guidelines are subject to change. Please contact the Jones Township Office for information on your specific project at: 814-929-5138.