All of the above forms and documentation must be submitted to:
Mr. Russ Braun, Building Official
c/o JONES TOWNSHIP
P.O. BOX 25
WILCOX, PA 15870
Phone: (814) 929-5138 or (814) 594-6194
Before You Apply
We suggest that you sit down with your contractor or architect and discuss just exactly what your building plans are. You or your contractor or architect must prepare a set of plans or drawings indicating exactly what you are planning to build. It is very important that these plans contain all the required details when submitting them to Jones Township for review. Incomplete plans can add weeks or even months to getting your Permit Application approved.
The Borough requires a valid Sewer, Zoning and a Pa. Uniform Construction Code (UCC) Building Permit prior to the installation or construction of any new dwelling, including mobile homes, or other structures utilized as a recreational cabins. In some instances, a State Highway Occupancy Permit must also be obtained from PennDOT prior to constructing a new driveway entrance to a state maintained road.
Property owners who are considering improvements or developing their property should review the following information in preparation of their project.
Questions should be directed to the Borough Office regarding zoning compliance and the need for any zoning permits. 112 Bayard Street, Kane, PA 16735
Flood Plain Requirements
• Determine if your proposed project is in a flood area (See FEMA FIRM Map). You may also call and have staff check the maps for the property in question.
• If your proposed project is in a flood area, is the development allowed?
• If development is allowed, you will need a certificate of elevation • If development is allowed. you MU need engineering studies
• If development is allowed, it will need reviewed and approved by the Conservation District and County Planning.
Questions may be directed to:
• McKean County Conservation District; 17137 Route 6; Smethport, PA 16749 • Phone: (814) 887-4001
• McKean County Planning Commission: 17137 Route 6: Smethport, PA 16749 • Phone: (814) 887-2754
Environmental, Erosion & Sedimentation & Storm Water Management Requirements
• Determine how much impervious surface will be created by your project.
If over 5.000 square feet, you will need to supply a Storm Water Management Plan.
• If your project will disrupt more than I acre of land submit an Erosion and Sedimentation Plan to the County Conservation District for approval.
Questions may be directed to:
• McKean County Conservation District; 17137 Route 6; Smethport, PA 16749 Phone: (814) 887-4001
County Land Use / Subdivision
Are you proposing a business or residential development in an unoccupied parcel?
• If yes, submit plans to County Planning Commission for approval. Letters of approval and use will be required from the PA. American Water indicating their wiliness to serve the proposed development (both sewer & water).
Are you proposing to subdivide your property?
• If yes, contact the municipality and submit plans to both the Municipality and County Planning Commission for approval
• Questions may be directed to:
McKean County Planning Commission; 17137 Route 6; Smethport, PA 16749 Phone: (814) 887-2754
Municipal Contact Information:
Kane Borough Business Office: 112 Bayard Street, Kane, PA 16735
Mayor: Brandon “Brandy” Schimp
Council President: Tom Kase
Council Vice-president: Melanie Clabaugh
Council Member: Katie Johnson
Council Member: Gary Schul
Council Member: Linda Kerek
Council Member: Cody Scalise
Council Member: Scott Rudolph
Police Chief: Heath Boyer
Fire Chief: Matt Bressler
Office Manager: Jo Beth Brinkley – firstname.lastname@example.org 814-837-9240 ext.3, 112 Bayard St., Kane, PA
Borough Manager: Don Payne – 814-366-0739, 112 Bayard St., Kane, PA
Streets Department Foreman: Mick O’Rourke – 814-837-6
OPEN RECORDS OFFICER: Contact Jo Beth Brinkley email@example.com – FAX – 814-837-6609 – 112 Bayard St., Kane
All codes, permit applications, and guidelines are subject to change. Please contact the Jones Township Office for information on your specific project at: 814-929-5138.